October 4-6, 2017 – Register now, download the flyer, or email for more information. We walk the halls of Congress to make peace and nonviolence a national priority. Please gather your family, friends and neighbors and join us as a significant citizen peacebuilding and nonviolence presence in DC this year.
About the Proposed
U.S. Department of Peacebuilding (H.R. 1111)
There is currently a bill before the U.S. House of Representatives to establish a Department of Peacebuilding. This historic measure will augment our current problem-solving options, providing practical, nonviolent solutions to the problems of domestic and international conflict. The legislation will pass from bill to law under one condition: that a wave of citizen interest rise up from the American people and make itself heard in the halls of Congress. During the 20th Century, over 100 million people lost their lives to war — most of whom were non-combatants. Now, at the dawn of the 21st century, the extent and current speed of nuclear proliferation makes the achievement of non-violent alternatives to war the most urgent need of the human race.
Join a Conversation or Support the Campaign! Monthly Calls on 3rd Mondays – Register or learn more at the links below.
- Listen to the recording of July 18, 2016 Call (Call to Calm Series, featuring Rita Marie Johnson on Being Peace and the Costa Rica process to a Ministry of Justice and Peace)
- Register for Monthly Campaign calls: Third Mondays at 5pm PT/8pm ET and all time zones in-between
- Email Nancy@peacealliance.org to receive monthly email updates and reminders the week before each call or for general inquiries about the campaign–better yet, let her know you’re ready to work and one of us will speak with you more.
Take Action! Tell Congress to get behind H.R. 1111, legislation to establish a U.S. Dept. of Peacebuilding.
If you call, email or otherwise contact your representative in support of a U.S. Dept. of Peacebuilding, please record your action!
- Key Highlights
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Read the Full Dept. of Peacebuilding Bill
- Link to Current Co-Sponsors of H.R. 1111
- Talking Points
- City Council Endorsements
- Organizational & Key Endorsements
- Endorsement Form – if your org wants to endorse
- Printable Postcards for Congress
- Why a Dept. of Peacebuilding Matters Case Statement
- DoP Articles on Movers and Shakers – New Articles posted!
- Peace Wants a Piece of the Pie – Handout for meetings around Mother’s Day – email coming soon!
“It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work for it.” Eleanor Roosevelt.
Like us on Facebook!